Subject: Re: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 June 2011

"Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> writes:

> 6.  Publishers Schema promotion
>
> Add to docbook.org.  Norm needs to redo the schema for release
> because it is based on DocBook 5.1, but it should be based
> on 5.0.

I've done that part, and updated docbook.org this morning. I ran out
of time (what with a day job and everything) so it's a bit rough
around the edges. Will work on fixing that.

> ACTION: Norm to produce Publisher's schema based on 5.0.

Done.

> ACTION: Norm to add links on docbook.org.

Done.

> Documentation. Norm has written a variant of the Definitive Guide
> for Publishers.  It is technically accurate, but currently there are
> mentions within text descriptions of elements omitted from Publishers.
> The examples are more difficult since those are XIncluded text
> files without any markup.  He will work on fixing those problems.
>
> ACTION: Norm to fix Publishers doc and publish on docbook.org.

Done. I fixed most of the mentions and one or two of the examples, but
there are possibly still examples with markup that's not present in
Publishers. Please report them.

> 7.  Simplified DocBook 5
>
> Norm has produced a version of Simplified for DocBook 5, but he
> based it on 5.1.  Members felt it should be based on 5.0.
>
> ACTION: Norm to redo Simplified DocBook with 5.0 as the base.

Done.

> ACTION: Norm to post Simplified DocBook 5.0 to docbook.org.

On my list.

> 8.  DocBook assembly.
>
> Larry and Norm discussed and settled the last issues.
>
> ACTION: Norm to post DocBook 5.1 beta to docbook.org with
> the latest changes.

Also on my list.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Throughout history the world has
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | been laid waste to ensure the
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | triumph of conceptions that are
                                   | now as dead as the men that died
                                   | for them.--Henry De Montherlant

PGP signature