Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: bridgehead not allowed in variablelist?

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> Tim Arnold <jtim.arnold@gmail.com> writes:
>> Norm, your suggestion is exactly what I suggested to them, but after
>> looking over their documents, I see that they really need to keep the
>> variablelist open.
>
> I don't understand why, but...
>
>> I'm still not sure how to render the example above into DocBook--is it
>> possible without rewriting?  Any ideas much appreciated.
>
> You could, maybe, try putting the bridgehead at the end of the preceding
> list item. Kind of ... eewww, yuck! ... but ...
>
> <variablelist>
>  <varlistentry>
>    <term>...</term>
>    <listitem>
>       <para>...</para>
>       <bridgehead>New Subsection</bridgehead>
>    </listitem>
>  </varlistentry>
>
>                                        Be seeing you,
>                                          norm

Hi Norm,
yuck is right! I actually did try that. even though it works, it is
just so wrong I couldn't live with myself. I think I'll set things up
so they can optionally title the list (converts to
variablelist/info/title). Then they can use nested lists if they like.

thanks for giving it some thought.
Sometimes going from LaTeX to DocBook is a really strange trip.

--Tim