Subject: Re: markup for mediaobject parameters

"Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com> writes:
> By the way, both videodata and audiodata have a @format
> attribute whose declared value is an enumerated list
> consisting of graphic types.  This is pretty useless,
> since video and audio objects are not graphics.

In what version of DocBook? In 5.0, it's just text:

   [
      db:refpurpose [ "Specifies the format of the data" ]
   ]
   attribute format { text }?,

> Or we could just drop the @format attribute and plan
> to use the (proposed) general param mechanism which is
> what I have to do at present anyway.

Well, if your stylesheet can copy the format attribute to the HTML
param, I think I prefer that for the common stuff, but I won't fuss
too much.

Could I persuade you to make a concrete proposal for the changes that
you'd like to see?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | It is a folly to expect men to do
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | all that they may reasonably be
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | expected to do.--Archbishop Whately

PGP signature