Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook and IDML

On 11.10.2011 11:02, Marie Bilde Rasmussen wrote:

> Is there an existing transformation thak takes DocBook data and outputs IDML - the InDesign Markup Language?
> It would be a useful step in an e.g. 90% automated publishing workflow.
>
> I'd be happy to here from anyone who has experience or interest in this.

I'm not InDesign expert, but there another more easier ways to import
XML into InDesign and style it. You can create mapping from XML elements
into InDesign styles and then let InDesign to import DocBook and
automatically style. It's impossible to properly style some more complex
element this way, but at least for first raw formatting it is sufficient.

				Jirka

  http://docbook.cz    Stránky o dokumentačním formátu DocBook
  http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers