Subject: Re: [docbook] Strange HTML output...

Hello,

When I add <generatedSourceDirectory>${basedir}/generated</generatedSourceDirectoryto the docbkx-tools configuration, and then run the stylesheet for HTML directly on the result, I get lots of "no template matches" errors. And the output looks almost identical.

$ xsltproc ~/Documents/docbook/html/docbook.xsl generated/\(gen\)csharp-coding-guidelines.xml > csharp-coding-guidelines.html
Element sect1 in namespace '' encountered in article, but no template matches.
Element title in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template matches.
Element emphasis in namespace '' encountered in para, but no template matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template matches.
Element sect1 in namespace '' encountered in article, but no template matches.
Element title in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template matches.
Element filename in namespace '' encountered in para, but no template matches.
…this continues for many lines…

Instead, when I add
         xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
    xsi:schemaLocation='http://docbook.org/ns/docbook http://docbook.org/xml/5.0/xsd/docbook.xsd'
as attributes to article, and then also add the attributes to the independent documents, and also clean up a number of validation errors, both the mvn compile and separate xsltproc work without errors.
(I'm not absolutely sure that you need to add all those attributes to the independent documents that get Xinclude'd, but I'm editing and validating with Eclipse, and it seems to need the schema for each document.)

Hope it helps.
Regards,
Mark