Subject: Re: [docbook] Strange HTML output...

... I think I've got the point... Included files should also contain the preamble (<article xmlns=... >).

j3d

On 02.12.2011 06:30, Mark Craig wrote:
Hello,

When I add ${basedir}/generated to the docbkx-tools configuration,
and then run the stylesheet for HTML directly on the result, I get
lots of "no template matches" errors. And the output looks almost
identical.

$ xsltproc ~/Documents/docbook/html/docbook.xsl
generated/(gen)csharp-coding-guidelines.xml >
csharp-coding-guidelines.html
Element sect1 in namespace '' encountered in article, but no template
matches.
Element title in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template
matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template
matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template
matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template
matches.
Element emphasis in namespace '' encountered in para, but no template
matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template
matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template
matches.
Element sect1 in namespace '' encountered in article, but no template
matches.
Element title in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template
matches.
Element para in namespace '' encountered in sect1, but no template
matches.
Element filename in namespace '' encountered in para, but no template
matches.
…this continues for many lines…

Instead, when I add
 xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
 xsi:schemaLocation='http://docbook.org/ns/docbook [3]
http://docbook.org/xml/5.0/xsd/docbook.xsd [4]'
as attributes to article, and then also add the attributes to the
independent documents, and also clean up a number of validation
errors, both the mvn compile and separate xsltproc work without
errors.
(I'm not absolutely sure that you need to add all those attributes to
the independent documents that get Xinclude'd, but I'm editing and
validating with Eclipse, and it seems to need the schema for each
document.)

Hope it helps.
Regards,
Mark