Subject: Running heads in chapters, sections and sidebars

Hi.

I hope that this is common enough scenario and that there is Docbook
markup or best practice that I am simply unaware of to capture
'running heads' - that is recurring words, phrases, images, generally
'themes' that, in printed output usually appear somewhere at the top
or with a different bacground and typically span the whole section or
a chapter or a para.

Some examples of this would be:
in a book about environment, every few pages there is a section, each
time with a different title, but with a recurring theme called "Human
Impact"
another example:
in a DIY book there is a "PRO Tip" every now and then

I don't want to too prescriptive about the rendering, but typically
such text gets rendered somewhere, in addition to a title or instead
of a title if there isn't one.

I think what I am looking for is something similar to subtitle element
that could be applied to pretty much any block element, be it para or
a chapter and also something that, ideally gets picked up the the Open
Toolkit.
I am open to suggestions, including ones that require modifying the
schema as we are already using a modified Publishers SC schema.

Thank you very much in advance,

Lech