Subject: how to include title and caption

The docbook standard allows you to use either a caption or a title. I would like to use both.

There is this option:

<doc:table class="long-metrics" title="Carousel Picking 2010-2011" tabstyle="long">
    <doc:caption>
   Data for Carousel picking, 2010-2011. The
rate did not change for Carousel picking. Carousel picking handles a small
amount of volume, but at a faster rate.
  </doc:caption>

However, the standard XSL stylesheets will not format both.

I know how to customize the stylesheets, but I am wondering why it is difficult to format both. Is it not usual to have both a title and caption?