Subject: Re: [docbook] pdf/html element customization - line breaks

Hi Brendan,
For the filename element, you could try a customization like this:

<xsl:template match="d:filename">
  <fo:inline keep-together.within-line="always">
    <xsl:apply-imports/>
  </fo:inline>
</xsl:template>

(Omit the d: in the match attribute if you are using DocBook 4.)

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 6:00 AM

I suppose I will manually backslash and linebreak for both html and pdf. I now see that others have had to do this (Appendix A ,example A-7 from Advanced Bash Scripting at Linux Documentation Project. Manual backslash in both html and pdf versions.)

Now if only I could stop pdf from line-breaking filename elements. Any help with this?

Thanks,
Brendan