Subject: Different resource Definitions in Assembly File and Schema?

Hi,

currently I'm playing with the assemblies stylesheets from Bob and observed
some discrepancies.

When I disassemble an existing DocBook 5 book into topics with Bob's topic-
maker-chunk.xsl[1] stylesheet, I get this structure in the "myassembly.xml"
file:

 <assembly xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
           xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";>
  <resources>
    <resource fileref="book.xml" xml:id="thebook"/>
    <resource fileref="preface.xml" xml:id="preface">
      <description>Welcome!</description>
    </resource>
    <resource fileref="part-first.xml" xml:id="part-first">
      <description>The first Part</description>
    </resource>
    <!-- ... -->
  </resources>
  <!-- <structure> pruned -->
 </assembly>

Thanks to Bob, he puts the latest assembly schema into the schema/
directory[2]. The assembly schema, definies a resource element as follows:

 db.resource = db.file.resource | db.container.resource
 db.file.resource =
    ## Identifies an object managed within the assembly
    element resource {
      db.resource.attlist, db.resource.fileref.attribute, empty
    }
  # FIXME: contents should be any valid DocBook content model fragment
  db.container.resource =
    ## Identifies an object managed within the assembly
    element resource { db.resource.attlist, (text | db.any.docbook) }

As you can see, the resource element doesn't contain any description
element(s). On the other hand, TDG 5.1[3] defines the resource element exactly
to have zero or more description elements.

Unfortunately, the different definitions lead to an assembly file which is not
valid anymore according to the current assembly schema[2].

Which one has the correct/official/valid definition? :)