Subject: Re: [docbook] Different resource Definitions in Assembly File and Schema?

Hi Thomas,
The version of the assembly schema that I included in the XSL snapshots is assembly51b7.rnc, but that version does not contain any reference to "db.file.resource", and neither does the schema file downloaded from [2]. So I'm wondering how you ended up with an older version.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Schraitle" <tom_schr@web.de>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:51 AM

Hi,

currently I'm playing with the assemblies stylesheets from Bob and observed
some discrepancies.

When I disassemble an existing DocBook 5 book into topics with Bob's topic-
maker-chunk.xsl[1] stylesheet, I get this structure in the "myassembly.xml"
file:

<assembly xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
          xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";>
 <resources>
   <resource fileref="book.xml" xml:id="thebook"/>
   <resource fileref="preface.xml" xml:id="preface">
     <description>Welcome!</description>
   </resource>
   <resource fileref="part-first.xml" xml:id="part-first">
     <description>The first Part</description>
   </resource>
   <!-- ... -->
 </resources>
 <!-- <structure> pruned -->
</assembly>

Thanks to Bob, he puts the latest assembly schema into the schema/
directory[2]. The assembly schema, definies a resource element as follows:

db.resource = db.file.resource | db.container.resource
db.file.resource =
   ## Identifies an object managed within the assembly
   element resource {
     db.resource.attlist, db.resource.fileref.attribute, empty
   }
 # FIXME: contents should be any valid DocBook content model fragment
 db.container.resource =
   ## Identifies an object managed within the assembly
   element resource { db.resource.attlist, (text | db.any.docbook) }

As you can see, the resource element doesn't contain any description
element(s). On the other hand, TDG 5.1[3] defines the resource element exactly
to have zero or more description elements.

Unfortunately, the different definitions lead to an assembly file which is not
valid anymore according to the current assembly schema[2].

Which one has the correct/official/valid definition? :)