Subject: Limited Legalnotice?

Hi,

I'm wondering about the legalnotice[1] element and observed some limiting
characteristics:

1. Currently, legalnotice is (more or less) only useful in
   *infos, but cannot be used as a division element similar
   to chapter, appendix, part, or even book.

2. The legalnotice in its current incarnation doesn't allow
   any substructures.

The reason why I'm asking is that I have some open source licenses which
contain substructures. These licenses need to be included in the book. At the
moment, I use appendix for this task. However, from a semantic point of view,
a legalnotice would be more appropriate. Unfortunately, legalnotice is too
limited for this task as stated above.

I don't suggest to change that, but I would like to know what's the reason
behind this (probably DocBook's history?)

Thanks! :-)

----
[1] http://www.docbook.org/tdg51/en/html/legalnotice.html

--