Subject: Re: [docbook] Inclusion of fragments

On 18.6.2012 21:45, Peter Flynn wrote:
> On 18/06/12 11:10, Lech Rzedzicki wrote:
>> You're probably after Docbook Transclusions [1]
>> [1]http://docbook.org/docs/transclusion/
>
> Indeed I am...I knew there would be something I had missed.

As an author of transclusion draft I should warn you -- it is very
unlikely that it will become part of DocBook.

Current thinking in DocBook TC is to rely on XInclude as much as
possible and even we started effort in W3C to extend XInclude little bit
(see http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11-requirements/) to support some
transclusion requirements which are currently impossible with a pure
XInclude.

Althoug XInclude is quite baroque to write by hand it has one big
advantage -- it's directly supported by XML editors. So if your
requirements can be implemented using XInclude I would go for it.

				Jirka