Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook Slides 5.0 alpha1 available for testing

Hi Gabor,

A very promising start!  Targeting Slidy is a great move too.  Looking
forward to making the switch!

I suggest adding

  <xsl:template match="*[namespace-uri()]">
    <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
  </xsl:template>

to dbs3-upgrade.xsl to move over non-docbook content (MathML, SVG, ...,
which the current script imports into the docbook namespace).

There are some spacing and scaling issues with my own converted slides,
but I'll hold it until you give the list green light for serious
testing.

I suspect that consistent content positioning (without using tables)
between HTML and FO targets will require some thought.  To this end,
will slide-specific markup be part of your project?

In contrast, DB5 allows <section> <title>s either inside or outside of
an <info> (but not both).  Having a title as the only info-type element
inside a <foil> is such a common case that I think it should be allowed
without <info>, just as it is in DB5 <section>s.

I think "incremental" and "collapsible" should be properties of lists,
not of slides, as they are in Slidy.  I suspect you attached them to
<foil> instead to avoid messing with the DocBook element content models.
Actually, "collapsible" makes sense even for regular DocBook (at least
for some output formats), not only for slides.

Cheers,
Justus