Subject: Re: [docbook] Docbook-man: command with sub commands?

In addition, you can add multiple synopsis lines at the start of the refentry like this:

<refentry>
   <refnamediv>
       <refname>myfs</refname>
       <refpurpose>general description of myfs</refpurpose>
   </refnamediv>
   <refsynopsisdiv>
     </synopsis>
     </synopsis>
   </refsynopsisdiv>

The <synopsis> element is a verbatim element, which means it preserves white space and line breaks. That's why the command line in this example starts just after the start tag, to avoid introducing an extra line break that adds vertical space in the output.

Or you could replace each <synopsis> with <cmdsynopsis> which is not verbatim and takes additional markup elements like <arg>. See this refentry reference page for an example:

http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/refentry.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net