Subject: Re: [docbook] xinclude.mod

HI Sascha,
I'm investigating why that file is not on the docbook.org website. I'll let you know what I find out.

I know that Oxygen supports XIncludes in DocBook 4, but it seems it should be referenced this way:

<!ENTITY % xinclude SYSTEM "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.4/xinclude.mod";>

Note that it uses "4.4" instead of "4.5". That web address also does not have the file, but Oxygen's XML catalog maps it to the local file in the Oxygen installation:

frameworks/docbook/dtd/4.4/xinclude.mod

In fact, if you copy the xinclude.mod file from 4.4 to 4.5, then your original entity reference will work and the file will validate.

As an alternate workaround, the following reference describes how you can add the XInclude elements to DocBook 4 yourself:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ValidXinclude.html#XincludeDTD

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

From: "Sascha Manns" <saigkill@googlemail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:26 AM
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [docbook] xinclude.mod

Hello list,

i just would like to ask i can use xinclude.mod with DocBook 4.5.

The backround: I have a project which is written in DB4.5. I'm using a Oxygen XML Editor for preparing the Code. But the validy fails with the error that
xinclude isn't defined.
In http://forums.deltaxml.com/topic/144/ i found out that a

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
                        "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"; [
<!ENTITY % xinclude SYSTEM "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.5/xinclude.mod";>
%xinclude;
]>

is possible. But on this place "docbooc.org/xml/4.5/" a xinclude.mod isn't
available.

So it is moved to another place or can't we use it?

Have a nice day
Sascha
--
Sincerly yours