Subject: Re: [docbook] More memory for Lucene

On 01/27/2013 12:29 PM, Stefan Hinz wrote:
> But how would I do that, i.e. allocate more than the default amount of
> memory (whatever it is) to Lucene? Any pointers appreciated!

Output some timestamps from your Makefile into your log to confirm that
it's indexing that's taking a long time and not some other part of the
build (that might well be the indexing, but it's good to check first).
Another thing that can stall the build for a while is if you are
processing DocBook 4.x without catalog files setup and the parser grabs
the DTD off the net every time. So if you had catalog files on your
local system but not on the build box, that could make a difference.

David