OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [docbook] Docbook -> EPUB 3

Hi Borden,
I have a few comments that I think can help resolve these problems.

(I use Debian Wheezy's docbook-xsl package, which I think is up-to-date).

Can you determine which version of DocBook XSL you are using? You can find it in the <fm:Version> element in the VERSION file that is included with DocBook XSL.

A set of stylesheets for generating EPUB 3 were added starting in version 1.77.1, and I just released version 1.78.1 which has further improvements. If you only have an "epub" directory and not "epub" and "epub3" directories, then your stylesheets predate 1.77.1. The "epub" stylesheet generates EPUB 2 files.

Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude' encountered in
<Element>, but no template matches.

This error can be fixed by adding the --xinclude option to the xsltproc command line. The source file contains xi:include elements that pull in content from other files, and that option resolves the XIncludes. That is also probably the source of the cross referencing errors, since those are probably trying to link to content that in not yet included.

The source file also contains olink elements for linking between documents, and those require setting up an olink database file as described in this documentation:


I suspect the source tree has an olink database set up, but you'll need to find it to resolve the olinks.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

From: "Borden Rhodes" <jrvp@bordenrhodes.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:18 PM
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [docbook] Docbook -> EPUB 3

Good afternoon,

I know that the XSLTs are still somewhat in beta because of the recent
standards changes. All the same, I decided to SVN the entire source tree at
http://code.google.com/p/epub-revision/ and run svn/trunk/src/spec/epub30-
overview.xml through:

xsltproc /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/epub/docbook.xsl

(I use Debian Wheezy's docbook-xsl package, which I think is up-to-date).

As not to crowd the e-mail, I've summarised the errors at the bottom of this e-mail. I got an output, albeit with some conversions missing as detailed in the debugging dump. My question is to what extent are these errors problems
with the source Docbook, which errors are due to inadequate support in the
XSLT and which errors are due to me not using xsltproc properly?

With thanks,


===Begin summary===

WARNING: cannot add @xml:base to node set root element. Relative paths may
not work.
(I understand that this is due to me using xsltproc and not Saxon)

ERROR: xref linking to <linkend> has no generated link text.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend:
(Occured 50 times with different linkends)

Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude' encountered in
<Element>, but no template matches.
(Occurred 4 times)

warning: failed to load external entity "olinkdb.xml"
Olink error: could not open target database 'olinkdb.xml'.
Error: unresolved olink: targetdoc/targetptr =
(Occured 32 times with different targetdoc/targetptrs)

To unsubscribe, e-mail: docbook-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
For additional commands, e-mail: docbook-help@lists.oasis-open.org

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]