Subject: AW: AW: AW: AW: [docbook] Some text after a section

Hi,

OK.

We use processing-instructions (build by several preprocessors out of our tool-chain)
for getting different version of one document (pdf, rtf, html).

These documents are generated on the server. If we need to debug the resulting document
the processing instruction have to become visible. Because sometimes there are many expressions
to hide parts / graphics / …

Sometimes the processing instruction are not in the very best node to add a para. Unfortunately.

Currently I build a very dirty hack (using glossary) to get the instructions, but this is not my preferred way
to work with documents.

Best regards

Markus

Von: aarondamommio@gmail.com [mailto:aarondamommio@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Aaron DaMommio
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. April 2013 16:53
An: Stefan Seefeld
Cc: Sticker Markus EXT FRD EPOS; docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: [docbook] Some text after a section

Marcus,

I'm reading what you've sent, and I still don't understand what you are trying to do.

Can you try again to describe what you want, perhaps more generally, leaving out the processing instructions, and just describe the results you are trying to get? Then someone may be better able to suggest a solution that works with DocBook.

--Aaron DaMommio

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Stefan Seefeld <stefan@seefeld.name> wrote:

On 04/09/2013 10:25 AM, markus.sticker.epos@zf.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thank you, Stefan. This is a good advice but don't meet my problem/question.
> Also I if use profiling, the issue will remain.

Your question reminds me a little of how people who aren't trained to
think in terms of structured documents approach styling questions, for
example by asking "how can I make this text bold", instead of thinking
about the semantics of the desired style. You were asking how to add
highlighted text that's fully oblivious to the document structure, and
my advise was to instead think about the semantics of the annotation you
want. My understanding was that in fact the text you want isn't
oblivious to the document structure, quite the opposite: it's an
annotation of document structure, which you just happen to want to put
outside the formatted section instead of inside.
I believe that thinking along those lines will make it easier to get to
a solution that works with DocBook and not against it.

    Stefan