OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 17 April 2013

I am sorry that I was not on the call.  I was driving from Minneapolis, MN to Durham, NC for a new contract.

I will be attending the next call.


Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 19, 2013, at 11:50 AM, "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 17 April 2013

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 at
1:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison,
Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton

Regrets: Norm Walsh

Absent: Loren Cahlander

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 15 May 2013

Scott gave regrets.

4. Review of the agenda.

Add item 7a, Moving Publishers Draft to OASIS standard.

5. Review of open action items

a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

b.  Norm to follow up on OASIS mirroring the schema directory.

c.  Larry to try mapping slides to assembly.

d.  Norm to clarify bridgehead entry in TDG to indicate
    that bridgeheads are not numbered like sections.

e.  Norm to update The Definitive Guide that the
    behavior of nested links is undefined by the standard.

f.  Norm to prevent link element nested within link element in DocBook 5.1.

g.  Norm to produce a DocBook 5.1 candidate release.

h.  Norm to follow up on RFE 3491860 license tag

i.  Norm to add result element to DocBook 5.1 schema.

j.  Dick to prepare an example of "see under" index entries.

k.  Dick to propose the multiple info approach to the submittor
    of RFE 3599576.

6.  OASIS website issues


7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Scott reported that they have received no comments on the Draft 1.1
version of the Publisher's schema.  There were four changes to 1.1:

- epigraph now allows poetry
- admonitions are restored
- table accessiblity
- added stage direction markup

Nancy and Dick commented that it looks good.
Scott points out that because it is an extension of
DocBook 5.1, it should not be released as a standard
before 5.1.  He suggested that it be processed through
OASIS at the same time as 5.1.  Bob will discuss
the process with Norm.

8.  Transclusion in DocBook


9.  DocBook 5.1 release


10. DocBook 4-to-5 conversion stylesheet issues

a.  drops @class attribute from <productname/>?
b.  markup removed from <remark>?
c.  all <title>s moved to <info>?

The TC felt that these conversions did not align
with the DocBook 5 schema and should be changed.

ACTION: Dick to fix the conversion stylesheet on SourceForge.
ACTION: Bob to review Dick's changes.

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

  To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


  RFEs to revisit for 6.0
    1907003  biblioid content model too broad

  RFEs under discussion
    2820947  Ability to transclude text
    3035565  Allow sections at any level
    3491860   license tag
    3593209   Add see/seealso under
    3599576   'info' wrapper element for processing titlepage elements

The submittor agreed with the TC proposal to allow multiple
info elements with profiling attributes.  The TC
approved that change.

ACTION: Norm to change info from "zero or one" to "zero or more"
in DocBook 5.1.

 New RFEs

    3608790   Microdata or RDFa 1.1 Lite support for schema.org

The TC would like more specifics on this proposal.

ACTION: Jirak to prepare a proposal to support RFDa.


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201303/msg00005.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]