Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: Possible Catalog Issues for DocBook 4/5: Missing 'www' in System Identifier?

Hi Sorin,

sorry for the delay, totally overlooked your mail.

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 16:13:46 +0300
Sorin Ristache <sorin@sync.ro> wrote:

> It does not matter if the system ID refers to a
> http://www.docbook.org/ URL or to a http://docbook.org URL. Both
> cases of system ID and also the Docbook public ID are covered by the
> Docbook XML catalog that comes with Oxygen.

Yes, but not the official one from the upstream project. :)

> Oxygen creates a new Docbook 4 file with the DOCTYPE declaration:
> [...]

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

> The same is true for a new Docbook 5 document created in the Oxygen
> application: the RELAX NG schema reference is mapped to a local copy
> located in the Oxygen install directory.
>
> Do you get a different result on a Docbook document in the Oxygen
> application?

No, the result is the same what you've described. I was just a bit
puzzeled why the upstream project doesn't have the "www". :)

> Does the application try to open the remote schema (at
> www.docbook.org) when you validate the document or when you transform
> it?

No, I didn't see this. Everything is fine in regards to catalog
resolution in oXygen. :)

Thanks!

--
Gruß/Regards,