OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 October 2013

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 October 2013

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 at
1:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Loren Cahlander, Dick Hamilton, Scott Hudson, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton,
Norm Walsh

Absent: Nancy Harrison, Jirka Kosek

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 20 November 2013
4. Review of the agenda.

No additions.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

 b.  Norm to follow up on RFE 3491860 license tag

 c.  Norm to talk to OASIS about some examples of
     internal published items, such as draft specs and
     non-normative customization layers.

 d.  Jirka and Scott to investigate table captioning.

 e.  Norm to update the catalog distributed with DocBook
     to support "www".

6.  OASIS website issues

Norm is still in discussion with OASIS.

7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Publisher's had a request to restore the annotations element.
No RFE was filed, but they are considering it.

8. Transclusion in DocBook
Norm reports that as of 8 October, XInclude 1.1 is now
a W3C Candidate Recommendation.  It requires two implementations.
Norm has Calabash supporting it, and will contact Michael
Kay about supporting it.  He is also working
on some XSL to support some of its new features.

9.  DocBook 5.1 release

Norm will announce the current candidate release he showed
recently.  He may fix the OASIS setup a bit before doing so.

10.  slides schema/assembly

Research of the previous meeting shows that Larry requested
this item in August 2012, and we settled the item at
the last meeting with no action.  No further discussion
is needed.  The integration of the new slides schema and
stylesheets into the DocBook XSL distribution is a
separate issue outside the scope of this meeting.

10a.  Norm said it is becoming more difficult to handle
additional add-on schemas as customizations.  He suggests
we may consider merging RDFa Lite into DocBook 5.2.
Will discuss this at a future meeting.

10b.  Scott described a project that selected DocBook 5
as a standard for submittals, and developed browser-side
formatting with CSS and XSL.  Norm suggested Saxon CE
as another approach.

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0

247 1907003 biblioid content model too broad
  RFEs under discussion
Ticket Tracker 260 2820947 Ability to transclude text
   273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
   291   3491860   license tag
   302   3608790   Microdata or RDFa 1.1 Lite support for schema.org

  No New RFEs


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201309/msg00001.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]