Subject: Re: Equations and figures as descendants of an example

Erik Leunissen <e.leunissen@hccnet.nl> writes:
> I've construed a docbook 5.0 xml document whose structure appears to
> be invalid because it holds <equation>'s and <figure>'s as descendants
> of an <example>.
>
> - I'm curious about the rationale regarding this being invalid.

I think, generally speaking, it would be unsual to see a titled figure
nested inside a titled example. How, for example, would you label such
a figure?

What's your motivation for putting figures and equations inside an
example?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | It is necessary to try to surpass
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | oneself always; this occupation
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | ought to last as long as