Subject: Re: [docbook] figure vs. mediaobject

Hi Markus,
I'm not quite clear what you are trying to do, perhaps an example would clarify?

DocBook distiguishes between title and caption for an image. The required title element in figure is meant as a short identifier of the figure, like a section title. The figure title is copied into the list of figures.

A mediaobject inside a figure can contain an optional caption, which is intended for a longer description of the image. The caption element can contain multiple para and other block elements. Such long descriptions would not be appropriate for a list of figures.

The title element can contain links, emphasis, and other inline elements. I'm not sure what you mean by "format-options like bold, underlined", since those are applied by the stylesheet.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net