Subject: Re: [docbook] Announcing (informally) DocBook V5.1CR3

Hi Norm,

I just did a quick check by parsing (using jing) some of our books (all v5.0) with V5.1CR3 and V5.0 and comparing the results.

Everything I tried (five books and a couple of articles) parsed the same way with one exception.

There is a spot where we have an appendix that contains a title and an info section, but no other content. V5.0 flags that as an error (required elements missing), but V5.1CR3 does not flag that as an error (V5.1CR2 doesn't flag it either).

Looking at the schemas, here is the difference (look for the ? after db.appendix.contentmodel vs. none after db.component.contentmodel):

In v5.1:

db.appendix.contentmodel = db.component.contentmodel | db.topic+

    element appendix {
      db.appendix.attlist, db.appendix.info, db.appendix.contentmodel?
    }

In v5.0:

    element appendix {
      db.appendix.attlist, db.appendix.info, db.component.contentmodel
    }

I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but so far, it's the only difference I've found as I parse 5.0 docs.

I haven't had a chance to check out any 5.1-specific features, yet.

Best regards,
Dick
-------
XML Press