Subject: DocBook V5.1CR3 XSD

Hello world,

This afternoon (well, local afternoon anyway), I published an XML
Schema version of DocBook V5.1CR3:

  http://docbook.org/xsd/5.1CR3/

I assert that it's a valid XSD. Because Saxon EE said so.

It passed a smoke test on a few DocBook documents, but is surely
buggy. It is also considerably more liberal than the normative DocBook
schemas. I don't expect it to reject any valid DocBook documents, but
it is by no means guaranteed that passing the XSD test means your
document is valid.

Interesting open question: how many of these XSD validation
infilicities could be tested with XSD 1.1 xs:assert statements?

Share and enjoy.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If you put tomfoolery into a
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | computer, nothing comes out of it
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | but tomfoolery. But this