Subject: Conditional index

Hi,

in my document I generate an index with <indexterm> ... </indexterm>
and the command <index/> at the end.

Works as expected.

Now I think that an index is not necessary in an html-document that has
a lot of internal references.

Thus I would like to have the index only in the pdf-file.
I tried to achieve that with

<index role="fo"/>

but that did not work.
(role="fo"/"html" works fine with phrases, imageobjects etc.)

What should I do to produce the index only for the pdf-file?

Thanks for any hints.
--
KDJ