Subject: Re: [docbook] A vertical red line on a book titlepage

Your request is not very specific about the size or positioning of the vertical red line. One way to do it is to edit a copy of the titlepage specification file, recompile the titlepage XSL module, and include that module in your customization. Details on this procedure are available at:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLTitlePage.html

To add a thin red line on the left, edit a copy of fo/titlepage.templates.xml to change this:

  <t:titlepage t:element="book" t:wrapper="fo:block">
    <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto">

to this:

  <t:titlepage t:element="book" t:wrapper="fo:block">
    <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto" border-left="0.5pt solid red">

After you recompile this, the generated stylesheet module should contain this new property, and when you include it in your customization layer, it should add the red line.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net