Subject: Re: [docbook] Introduction

Hi Vincent,
I do consulting in both DocBook and DITA, and I think DocBook can meet your needs. Adding DITA will unnecessarily complicate your setup because it requires its own set of tools.

I've helped clients use DocBook for both instruction manuals and product sheets. Instruction manuals are typically based on the <book> element, possibly with modular design of the XML files so they can be reconfigured into different releases. Product sheets are typically based on <article>. Depending on your formatting needs, the content might be inside a layout table or use multicolumn output format for print.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net