Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: How to Contribute to the DocBook Project on GitHub?

On 23.10.2015 06:30, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld <stefan@seefeld.name> writes:
>> The more important (IMHO) questions are about the infrastructure needed
>> to support this:
>>
>> * A working build system
> I've moved to gradle for the repos I'm doing active work on. Other
> repos can make their own choices.

I think any build system is fine as long as it works at least for the
developers. The easier it is to build, the better are the chances of
others contributing.

And as far as I can tell, the most important repos (in terms of active
use) are 'docbook' and 'xslt10-stylesheets'. Unfortunately they don't
yet build, or at least, don't have up-to-date instructions on how to
build (and thus contribute).

>> * CI support (travis-ci ?)
> Travis CI is the way to go, I think. Again, I think I've got it setup
> for the repos I'm actively working on.

Thanks for working on this !

        Stefan