OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 November 2015

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 November 2015

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday,
18 November 2015 at 1:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Dick Hamilton, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous (Sept) meeting.

3. Next meeting: 16 December 2015

No regrets.

4. Review of the agenda.

No additions.

5. Review of open action items

  a.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude

  b.  Bob to integrate publishers XSL into DocBook XSL.

  c.  Norm to investigate if mediaobject can generate srcsets.

6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports


7.  XInclude 1.1 status.

Norm reports that a second implementation is forthcoming, then it
will be up to the W3C to finish their process.

8.  DocBook 5.1 release

Norm fixed a minor issue that came up, and the TC voted approval.
Now we are waiting for OASIS to run their process.

ACTION: Norm to review the non-normative XML Schema version of 5.1 to make sure it has all the latest changes.

9.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

NOTE: currently issues can be filed on either SourceForge or the new Github issues list. We will manage both lists until the transition to Github is complete.

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0

    247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

   RFEs under discussion

   Ticket  Tracker
    260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
    273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
    291   3491860  license tag  (hold for 5.2)
    306            Allow Block Elements inside abstract

    Github Issues
    6              Add buildtarget element
    7              Allow revnumber inline.

The following item can be closed because it was implemented in 5.1.
    49             Support multiple image resolutions


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201509/msg00016.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]