Subject: RE: [docbook] Add "danger" to the list of possible admonitions?

For the curious, here's what the DITA 1.3 specification allows for the @type attribute on <note> (second subsection on this page):

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part3-all-inclusive/langRef/attributes/thetypeattribute.html

The value "other" allows extensibility in conjunction with another attribute @othertype:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part3-all-inclusive/langRef/base/note.html

mag
--
Tom Magliery
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
Co-secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
DITA 1.3 Specification: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/dita-v1.3-part0-overview.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Flynn [mailto:peter@silmaril.ie]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:56 PM
To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org

On 04/28/2016 09:24 AM, Dave Pawson wrote:
> What is danger to you might be nothing to me?
> I think caution is right or a good compromise.

I was never clear why a caution was worse than a warning.

<caution role="fatal">
  <para>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.</para>
</caution>

On 04/28/2016 09:15 AM, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> The element danger would also fit better
> to the ANSI standard (I think it was Z535, right?).

If there is a need to match with an existing standard/hierarchy/ontology
I'd rather see it done in an enumerated attribute than an element type.

///Peter