OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 22 June 2016

Hi Bob, 

In response to the minutes, I have updated Norm's role on the TC to Voting Member, yours to Chair, and Dick's to Secretary. The changes should show up on the public web page in about a half hour. 


On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 22 June 2016

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday,
22 June 2016 at 2:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Dick Hamilton, Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland,
Bob Stayton

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 20 July 2016

4. Review of the agenda.

Bob: add discussion of content models of <option> and <optional>.

5. Review of open action items

   a. Norm to review the non-normative XML Schema version of 5.1
      to make sure it has all the latest changes.

   b. Everyone to beat the bushes for SoUs.

   c. Norm to complete his XInclude implementation.

   d. Bob to round up the SoUs and submit them.

   e. Jirka to investigate use of otherclass for other elements.

   f. Bob to investigate assembly for XInclude equivalents.

   g. Larry will look into ISO standards for admonitions.

   h. Scott to look into ANSI standards for admonitions.

6.  Elect new officers.

Norm Walsh submitted his resignation to the DocBook TC on 16
June.  That is certainly the passing of an era.

Dick nominated Bob to be the new Chair.  This motion was seconded
and approved unanimously.

Bob nominated Dick to be the new Secretary to replace Bob in that
role.  This motion was seconded and approved unanimously.

ACTION: Bob to transition secretarial duties to Dick.

7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Remove this from the standing agenda and await Scott's request to
add it.

8.  XInclude 1.1 status.

Jirka reported that the W3C XML Core Working Group is continuing
to make progress on getting the new XInclude 1.1 standard
approved.  He will keep us informed.

9.  DocBook 5.1 release

We obtained three Statements of Use for DocBook 5.1. We submitted
5.1 to a Special Majority Ballot for the TC to officially approve
it.  The TC members voted and approved it, but the ballot does
not close until 23 June.  After which it will enter a 60-day
public review period before it moves to the full
OASIS vote.

ACTION: Bob to follow up on OASIS voting procedure and what the
TC can do to ensure success.

9a.  Content models of option and optional.

A message on the docbook mailing list questioned the change in
the content models of option and optional from version 4 to 5.
Formerly they contained the technical inlines, but now they

ACTION:  Bob to ask Norm if he knows why they were changed.

10.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0

    247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

   RFEs under discussion

   Ticket  Tracker
    260 2820947  Ability to transclude text
    273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
    291   3491860  license tag  (hold for 5.2)
    306            Allow Block Elements inside abstract

    Github Issues
    6     Add buildtarget element
    7     Allow revnumber inline.
    53    Extend article @class with other and otherclass

Jirka submitted his analysis[2] of this issue, and recommended
that we approve adding otherclass to article, but other elements
do not need it.  APPROVED.

    54    Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema
    55    Add <danger> to list of admonitions

Scott reviewed ANSI standards.
Larry will do some more investigation of ISO standards and we
will discuss this at the next meeting.

    New RFEs on GitHub

    58    Allow Block Elements inside <abstract>

After discussion, this item was APPROVED for the next DocBook
release beyond 5.1

    59    Allow <modifier> within <paramdef>?

After discussion, this item was APPROVED for the next DocBook
release beyond 5.1

    60    Allow <void> within <funcdef>?

After discussion, this item was APPROVED for the next DocBook
release beyond 5.1

ACTION: Jirka will contact Norm about transitioning the DocBook
schema files so that he can make edits to them as we proceed with
changes beyond version 5.1.


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201605/msg00007.html
[2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201605/msg00008.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:


Chet Ensign
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration 
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393 

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]