Subject: author initials in bibliography entries

Dear all

I would like to know the appropriate markup for author initials in bibliography entries with multiple authors.

In DocBook 5.0, the element authorinitials can appear as children of biblioentry, bibliomixed, bibliomset, biblioset but not as children of author or personname. The following example is not valid:

<biblioentry xml:id="CR1">
  <authorgroup>
    <author>
      <personname>
        <authorinitials>P.</authorinitials>
        <surname>Abad</surname>
      </personname>
    </author>
    <author>
      <personname>
        <authorinitials>J.</authorinitials>
        <surname>Abad</surname>
      </personname>
    </author>
  </authorgroup>
  <title>The hundred greatest theorem of mathematics</title>
  <copyright>
    <year>1999</year>
  </copyright>
</biblioentry>

In my view, it would be good to allow authorinitials as child of personname. For now, I guess the use of a second firstname element with a certain role attribute would be a workaround. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Kind regards,

Martin

--
Martin Kraetke
Lead Content Engineer

Weissenfelser Str. 84, 04229 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 355356 143, Fax +49 341 355356 543
martin.kraetke@le-tex.de, http://www.le-tex.de

Geschäftsführer: Gerrit Imsieke, Svea Jelonek,
Thomas Schmidt, Dr. Reinhard Vöckler