Subject: Re: [docbook] XML document type for authoring release notes?

Hi,

 * For release notes of our products, we use separate documents (basically an <article>).
 * For changes of a specific document, we have a Summary of Changes section as a subsection of the preface

But the main question is how you want to deliver this document to your readers, and how your company will use this content. For example, if it is part of an announcement email that is sent out in plain-text, then you might not even need XML. If you post it on your website as HTML, then you probably do.

HTH,

Robert

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr@web.de> wrote:
Hi,

Am Mon, 22 May 2017 17:27:27 +0100
schrieb Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>:

> Is revhistory not enough?

Depends. :)

If you have simple list and only text, this should be fine. On the other
side, if your text needs more structure revhistory might be not enough.

--
Gruß/Regards,
    Thomas Schraitle