Subject: Re: [docbook] Changes in 1.79.1 stylesheets affecting XLink/xref handling? [Solved]

It's fantastic how you always get an idea just the second after you pressed enter and letting the world know that you are indeed stupid ..

Reason for revisiting the old project was to update the build environment. As part of that I updated all makefile(s) and so also for the for the docs and in that process changed (inadvertently) so that all *.xml files was automatically added in xsltproc command.

Since I use xinclude it should only have been the masterfile given to xsltproc.

Removing all the non-essential xml files as sources for xsltproc command fixed the problem.

So in conclusion: me -1, xsltproc +1

On 2017-10-22 13:53, Johan Persson wrote:
I recently had to revisit a older project and when now trying to
rebuild the docs with an updated environment I run into problem.  The
docs still builds fine with saxon6.5.5 but not with xsltproc both
using 1.79.1 version of the stylesheets.

When I try to regenerate the docs with xsltproc I now get a number of
errors regarding XLink/xref which the docs makes heavy use of (as well
as xinclude for modularization). Basically I now get a number of error
combos:

Error: no ID for constraint linkend: "some-link-that-exists".
XLink to nonexistent id: some-link-that-exists

This makes me think that either:
1) I previously was sloppy and used some syntax that wasn't correct
(but wasn't flagged as an error and that saxxon still accepts)
2) xsltproc in later version has changed behaviour
3) The stylesheets have a changed behaviour

The way I typically use links is simple:

"Plese see: <xref xlink:href="#section.internal-export-format"/> "

with the corresponding id defined as, in this example a section in another file:

"<section xml:id="section.internal-export-format">
<title> some-title </title>
<para> ... </para>
</section>"

Since i really want to use xsltproc and not switch to saxon I was
wondering if someone can shed some light on the errors of my way and
what might have changed?