Subject: Re: [docbook] DTD from extended RNC

On 2018-05-21 09:46, Dave Pawson wrote:
...left-to-right text, complex scripts,...).  Instead we use dblatex
(not to be confused with the older db2latex), which as the name
suggests produces a latex format, then use (xe)latex to produce the PDF....

There is one xsl-fo to PDF that might work for you, but it is pricy.

Thanks, but we've been using dblatex + XeLaTeX for ten years now, so we have the kinks worked out and understand the flow pretty well...plus we have LaTeX style sheets for publishers. One example of a problem we've successfully addressed with this method is:
   https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/285527/
Another example here:
   https://software.sil.org/awami/support/system-requirements/
(note the requirement for the Graphite engine)

   Mike Maxwell