Subject: Re: [docbook] use docbook5 with xsltproc

Hi Pierre,

This is a benign message indicating that the DocBook XML being processed is in version 5 of DocBook, which has all elements in the docbook namespace "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook", but the stylesheets being used are the version written for the previous versions of DocBook where the elements are not in the namespace. So the stylesheet first processes the content internally to remove the namespace from the elements so they can match the templates in the stylesheet. It still should work, but adds another processing step, that isn't present when using the namespaced version of the stylesheets.

If you are using DocBook 5, I would suggest you use the namespaced version of the stylesheets. To further add to the confusion, the naming of the DocBook XSL packages was changed in version 1.79.2.

docbook-xsl-1.79.1 - non-namespaced version docbook-xsl-ns-1.79.1 - namespaced version

docbook-xsl-1.79.2 - namespaced version docbook-xsl-nons-1.79.2 - non-namespaced version

What's odd is that the pathname to your stylesheets uses docbook-xsl-1.79.2, which should be the namespaced version, but the behavior indicates that it is the non-namespaced version. You can tell the difference by examining:

/usr/share/xml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.79.2/VERSION

and look at this param in it:

<xsl:param name="DistroName">docbook-xsl</xsl:param> <xsl:param name="DistroName">docbook-xsl-nons</xsl:param>

I suspect your's will say docbook-xsl-nons.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net