Subject: Re: [docbook] Help needed with some errors and checking a docbook5 with xmllint

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and tips.

So far I have not used an XML editor because I thought I could port docbook4
docbook5 without it. In the meantime I have installed emacs and I'm starting
to get used
to it.

Now I have a few more questions, because the files are marked as not valid.

1.) The following is the header of the document I changed:

01  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
02
03  <!DOCTYPE chapter [
04              <!ENTITY % darktable_ent SYSTEM "../darktable.ent">
05              %darktable_ent;
06  ]>
07
08  <chapter
09      version="5.0"
10      xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
11      xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
12      xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
13      xml:lang="en"
14      status="final">

Emacs mark version, xml:lang and status a non valid!
When I change as below Emacs accept it.

01  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
02
03  <!DOCTYPE chapter [
04              <!ENTITY % darktable_ent SYSTEM "../darktable.ent">
05              %darktable_ent;
06  ]>
07
08  <chapter
09      xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
10      xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
11      xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
12      xmlns:lang="en"
13      xmlns:status="final">

Is my change correkt?
The sample I found in the internet they alway use the non valid syntax.

2.) My second Problem is that emacs mark "*width*" in an informaltable as non
valid.

<informaltable frame="none"  width="80%">

How do I have to change this in a way that it is accepted?

Thanks in advance
Pierre