Subject: Re: [docbook] How to determine supported entities

Have you considered making the address of common.ent in its parameter entity reference a URL referencing a website? That would make it read-only, maintainable in one location, and instantly updated to all users.

<!ENTITY % common_entities SYSTEM "http://redhat.com/somepathto/common.ent" >

That wouldn't prevent someone from adding entity declarations to their XML file to override particular entities, though.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net