Subject: Re: [docbook] Status of XInclude 1.1?

On 14.5.2019 14:11, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> Unfortunately, it's still in candidate recommendation (June 2015, would
> be 4 years). I also found a working group note[2]; does it replace(?)
> the old document? Was the old spec downgraded from CR to a note?

W3C usually publishes notes when there is no future work planned on some
specification that hasn't yet reached Recommendation status.

Unfortunatelly Norm has to left working group before reaching
Recommendation status.
(https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2016Jun/0001.html)
Because W3C terminated all XML related activities there is no working
group that can finish this.

> Norman, as you worked on this specification, do you know any details?
> Is it still "valid"? Will it be implemented in some parsers? Can we
> use it some day?

Some tools already implement XInclude 1.1 -- I think that at least
Calabash, oXygen and XML Mind. So as long as your toolchain support
features you need from XInclude 1.1 you can use it.

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing