OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Experimental XSLT for transforming oXygen change markup in DocBook docs into DocBook

Apologies for cross-posting. Please think about whether the answer is most relevant to only one of both mailings lists before replying to both.

I recently wanted to render a large book (DocBook 5.1) that was copy-edited in oXygen author mode and that contained the corresponding processing instructions, and I wanted to render it with the Ant-based FO scenario that displays changes. But for some reason that I could not really fathom, neither this FOP scenario nor the default PDF rendering scenario produced results, with different error messages. Increasing oXygenâs or Antâs heap space to insane amounts didnât improve the situation.

Anyway, I didnât need a PDF; HTML would be fine, too, so I decided to add an oXygen change markup renderer to Normâs brand new xslTNG stylesheets, https://github.com/docbook/xslTNG

Thereâs a pull request to xslTNG where I asked Norm to merge it into xslTNG (https://github.com/docbook/xslTNG/pull/67). But since it has been hardly tested on many documents, Norm is hesitant to merge it, and Iâd like to collect some user feedback first.

Iâd like to ask you to test it on your DocBook files that have been enhanced with change markup in oXygenâs author mode. The patched renderer is at https://github.com/gimsieke/xslTNG/tree/oxy-markup. You probably need Gradle or something to build it yourself, but you can use the latest release (https://github.com/docbook/xslTNG/releases) and replace the changed files (https://github.com/docbook/xslTNG/pull/67/files).

Or you can just run the stylesheet https://github.com/gimsieke/xslTNG/blob/oxy-markup/src/main/xslt/transforms/80-oxy-markup.xsl standalone, render the resulting DocBook to HTML and define the CSS classes .oxy_insert and .oxy_delete to naybe color:green and color:red, respectively.

Please let me know whether it works in principle or whether there are bugs or missing features. Also whether thereâs already another stylesheet somewhere in place that is supposed to render the oXygen change markup PIs.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]