Subject: Re: [docbook] Assemblies, topics, sections and type

Hi Bob,

Am 05.08.21 um 18:39 schrieb Bob Stayton:

> I think a better possibility is to map topic/@type to
> section/@otherclass (and setting @class="other") during assembly.
> [...]
> I see @type and @class as semantically equivalent for
> classifying elements.

Ahh, right! I haven't thought about @class and @otherclass. Good idea!

I have only one question: what do you exactly mean by "during assembly"?

At the moment, I'm using the assemble.xsl stylesheet to assemble the
result document. It's nice and simple. :)

To make this little "attribute exchange dance", I could:

a. customize the assemble.xsl stylesheet, or
b. I add an additional <transform> line to express that
   little transformation in the assembly file.

Any recommendations or best practices?

> [...]

Thanks for your explanation, much appreciated!

--
GruÃ/Regards
  Thomas Schraitle