Subject: Indexterm embedded in indexterm/primary or indexterm/secondary

Because of a fat-finger error, I just found that if you embed an indexterm inside primary or secondary of an indexterm, the result is legal DocBook according to the 5.0 through 5.2 schemas, including Schematron.

<indexterm>
  <primary>
  </primary>
</indexterm>

Probably not a big deal in practice, except that it does lead to an error in an epub when tested with epubcheck, and if the term inside the embedded indexterm appears nowhere else, you get an error saying that there are no entries for that index key.

If no one sees any reason for that to be valid, I can file an exception (though I forget where, exactly, to do that:-).

Best regards,
Dick Hamilton
-------
XML Press