Subject: question about indexes in epubs

Hello everybody,

I have a question about the appearance of the index in epub’s made with DocBook XML.

At our company, we include the index in our epubs. we use a lot of index terms in our DocBook files. This results in epub indexes with a lot of text, because the hyperlinks in de indexes display the titles of the sections as link text, instead of page numbers. Has anybody over here ever tried to do this differently? For instance, replacing the textlinks with (linked) arrows or buttons (like >>)? And is it even possible to display something else than the titles (or short titles), using a customization template?

Thanks!

Michel van den Burg

Uitgeverij Coutinho