docstandards-interop-discuss message

Subject: Re: [docstandards-interop-discuss] Important topic/issue to pursue

Perhaps the use case scenario will help clarify:
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/dita/200604/msg00174.html

Best regards,
--Scott

Mir Baqar (mbaqar) wrote:
Thanks for all your feedback...

So, maybe I am mis-understanding and unclear of the intent and scope of this TC.

Can someone please give me a real world example/scenario of what is meant by semantic/content interoperability b/w std. doc. that is completely independent of its application/use in transactional doc exchange world?  Will help me better understand the scope and value of this TC objective.

Cisco's (my team's) interest in this potential TC is to provide an end-users (consumers) point of view/feedback of the current challenges around Stds doc. interoperability and some real-world requirements around how we plan to leverage/employ multiple Stds. docs. WS, SOA, etc. to offer process integration capabilities to our partners.

Mir

From: Scott Hudson [mailto:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:03 AM
To: David RR Webber (XML)
Cc: Mir Baqar (mbaqar); docstandards-interop-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

Agreed. This proposed TC is dealing with semantic/content interoperability between document standards. Transactional documents are out of scope from what has been proposed.

Best regards,

--Scott

David RR Webber (XML) wrote:
Mir,

We need to be careful to separate transactions for documents - see my reply later in this thread.

The wording of the current docstandards-interop text - needs to make this absolutely much clearer than it does right now.

You mention several pure transaction standards - and that is not the use case here.  Although from Cisco perspective I could see using transactions and documents in combination - see my other reply for more details.

DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)

< /blockquote>