docstandards-interop-discuss message

Subject: RE: [docstandards-interop-discuss] proposed TC name

Agreed.  It's readily apparent that the genertic term "XML Document" is too vague and is
easily construed to mean, "any XML structure (SOAP, RDF, DITA, DocBook, etc.).

Jim

================
Jim Earley
XML Developer/Consultant
Flatirons Solutions
4747 Table Mesa Drive
Boulder, CO 80301

Voice: 303.542.2156
Fax:   303.544.0522
Cell:  303.898.7193

Yahoo.IM: jmearley
MSN.IM: jearley22@hotmail.com

jim.earley@flatironssolutions.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Hudson [mailto:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 11:36 AM
To: docstandards-interop-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

I spoke with Eduardo Gutentag at the OASIS Symposium, and he suggested a new name for
the proposed TC:
Documentation Standards Interoperability TC.

Perhaps this will help disambiguate the type of interoperability we are proposing?

Best regards,

-- Scott

  Scott Hudson
  XML Business Architect

  scott.hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com

  O:  303.542.2146

  C:  303.332.1883

  F:  303.544.0522

  www.FlatironsSolutions.com <http://www.flatironssolutions.com/>

  An Inc. 500 Company

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Earley;Jim
FN:Jim Earley
ORG:Flatirons Solutions
TITLE:XML Developer/Consultant
TEL;WORK;VOICE:303.542.2156
TEL;CELL;VOICE:303.898.7193
ADR;WORK:;;4747 Table Mesa Rd, Suite 200;Boulder;CO;80305;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:4747 Table Mesa Rd, Suite 200=0D=0ABoulder, CO 80305=0D=0AUnited States of A=
merica
URL;WORK:http://www.flatironssolutions.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Jim.Earley@flatironssolutions.com
REV:20060614T132755Z