dsaw-program message

Subject: Revised Concept doc for ITU - OASIS Workshop/Forum on ICT Standards used in Public Warning for Disaster Reduction (PW/DR)

Simão,

Attached is a revised version of the document that you sent around on
Wednesday.  I tried to come up with edits that incorporated Eliot's and Carol
Geyer's suggestions.  The biggest issue appears to be around a "Title" for the
event that is agreeable with all concerned (a perennial issue with most new
joint activities).  Then we can make sure that the various activity
descriptions are uniform in appropriate references and abbreviations.

The title I propose is:

Workshop[Forum] on “Advances on ICT Standards used in Public Warnings for
Disaster Reduction” [organized by ITU-T and OASIS].

Rather than getting rid of the DR portion as Eliot suggested, I suggested we
change the "and" to "for" to better indicate that the focus is on the PW
topic, but within the context of reducing the effects of disasters.

Also, if ITU-T is holding a broader "workshop" around this 2-day joint event
that deals with other ITU-T specific issues, then we could use the designation
of a Forum or Summit to differentiate the 2-day joint activity from an ITU-T
workshop activity.

To keep momentum moving forward, we suggest holding a conference call from
9:00-10:00 ET / 15:00-16:00 CET on Wed 7 June. Eliot Christian will be in
Geneva next week, and together with Dr. Carol Cosgrove-Sacks could join the
call with you at the ITU-T offices.  OASIS can provide the conference call
bridge that allows both telephone call-in as well as Skype connections:

***
From Skype call : +99008275704721
To use a regular phone:
   From the US: call # 1-712-432-4000 (long distance costs apply).
   In Europe, call:
      UK            0870 119 2350
      France      0826 100 266
      Germany   01805 00 7620
 The conference is free but national rate charges will apply to these calls.

The Virtual Conference Room Number is : 5704721.
Service provided by: www.highspeedconferencing.com
***

Please let us know if this date and time are convenient for a call/meeting.
Hopefully, we can finalize the details in this document on this call, and then
begin to allocate assignments and see the proposed action steps taken up
within the timeframe listed in the document.

Best regards,

Patrick Gannon
President & CEO
OASIS