dsaw-program message

Subject: RE: [dsaw-program] Re: ITU-T/OASIS Workshop Website update

At 02:49 AM 6/26/2006, richard.hill@itu.int wrote:
>Elliot,
>
>We are just saying the same things with different words.
>
>At ITU, "registration" is just the process of identifying yourself and
>getting a photo badge so you can enter the building.  No other formality
>is required.
>
>The registration is done in the outer part of the lobby.

The policy is good (although I don't quite see how advance
registration would work given that a photo id is required).
I don't think the policy you have stated is conveyed by the
current wording on the Website:

  "Admission to the workshop is free; however, for security
   reasons registration is required and space is limited.
   Advance registration will be open until 01 October 2006."

This seems to say that all attendees must have registered by
October 1, especially given the caveat "space is limited".
(Perhaps the "space is limited" part is meant to apply only
to prospective demonstrators rather than to all attendees?)

How about changing this to read:

  "Admission to the workshop is free. Registration, required
   for security reasons, will be in the lobby during the event.
   Advance registration will be open until 01 October 2006."

Eliot