dsaw-program message

Subject: RE: [dsaw-program] Re: ITU-T/OASIS Workshop Website update

Hi Eliot,
The problem I have with this wording (see below) is as follows:
<Eliot suggests>
"Admission to the workshop is free. Registration, required
>    for security reasons, will be in the lobby during the event.
>    Advance registration will be open until 01 October 2006."

First of all, it is difficult enough to get a handle on the number of
attendees when any event is free. If we make it sound so 'flexible,' given
that we are in Geneva, we may have many people deciding at the very last
moment to either attend or NOT attend once they have already registered.
This makes planning so much more difficult. From issuing badges to ordering
coffee we must use some language that will give us some indication of
numbers prior to the very last moment. We don't want to discourage on-site
registration but we can't have the majority of registrants changing their
minds at the last moment. There is naturally so much of that anyway and it
becomes extremely difficult for the folks on the ground.

Jane,
What do you think? Jane is our in-house expert.

Thanks!
Dee Schur
Member Support
www.oasis-open.org